This is a fully funded scholarship program offered by the Chilean Agency for International Cooperation and Development (AGCID) to professionals who are citizens of South Africa, Mozambique, and Angola. The purpose of this program is to contribute to the training of professionals in Master’s programs taught by Chilean universities or higher education institutions with a high level of excellence.
To be eligible for this scholarship program, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of South Africa, Mozambique, or Angola.
- You must have a 4-year university degree in a relevant field of study.
- You must have experience in the subjects you choose to pursue Master’s studies in.
- You must have an unconditional acceptance offer from a Chilean higher education institution for a Master’s program that starts in 2024.
- You must have competency in Spanish language, as most of the programs are taught in Spanish.
- You must have a good academic record and professional background.
- You must have a strong motivation to study in Chile and contribute to the development of your home country.
The scholarship program covers the following expenses for the selected candidates:
- A round-trip air ticket from your home country to Chile (and a bus fare if you need to travel to cities without airports).
- A Spanish language course before the start of the academic program.
- Tuition fees for a maximum of 24 months.
- A monthly allowance of 560,000 Chilean pesos (about $700 USD) for living expenses.
- A one-time book allowance of 90,000 Chilean pesos (about $110 USD).
- A health insurance that covers any medical conditions, accidents, or losses sustained while in Chile.
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
To apply for this scholarship program, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must complete and submit the AGCID Grant application form with all the required documents electronically to the e-mail email@example.com.
- You must not have another scholarship or grant from another source that covers the same expenses as this program.
- You must not have previously studied in Chile with a scholarship from AGCID or any other Chilean institution.
- You must return to your home country after completing your studies and remain there for at least two years.
- You must agree to the terms and conditions of the scholarship program.
The following documents are required to apply for this scholarship program:
- A letter of acceptance from the chosen study program in Chile, indicating the start and end dates, tuition fees, and language of instruction.
- A medical certificate that attests your physical and mental health condition.
- An original certificate of professional title or an authorized copy by a public notary.
- A curriculum vitae that emphasizes your work and academic background.
- A motivational letter that explains your reasons for studying in Chile and how it will benefit your home country.
- A brief description of the possible areas and topics of your thesis or research project.
- An academic reference letter from a professor or supervisor who knows your academic performance and potential.
- A letter of sponsorship from your employing institution (if applicable), stating that they support your application and will grant you leave of absence during your studies.
- An affidavit that accepts the terms and conditions of the scholarship program.
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
How to Apply
The application procedure for this scholarship program is as follows:
- First, you need to search for a Master’s program that suits your interests and qualifications from the list of eligible programs provided by AGCID.
- Second, you need to contact the Chilean higher education institution that offers the program and apply for admission. You need to follow their admission requirements and deadlines. You also need to request an unconditional acceptance letter from them.
- Third, you need to fill out the AGCID Grant application form and attach all the required documents.
- Fourth, you need to send your complete application package electronically to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. You also need to keep a copy of your application for your records.
The deadline for submitting your application is November 10, 2023. No late or incomplete applications will be accepted. The results of the selection process will be announced by AGCID in December 2023.
Scholarship Official website: AGCID Human Capital Training Scholarship Program 2024