These scholarships are available for international students from developing countries who want to study in the fields of international development, environmental change, public health, law, political economy, journalism, communication, and intercultural studies.
To be eligible for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have held an offer before Friday 5 May 2023 for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in the 2024-25 academic year:
- International Development MA
- Environmental Change and International Development MSc
- International Development (Masters in Public Health) MPH
- International Law and Global Justice LLM
- International Political Economy MA
- Global Journalism MA
- International Public and Political Communication MA
- Intercultural Communication MA
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, ie not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full-time.
- You must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2024. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2024.
- You must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the following countries or territories:
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Papua New Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Sudan
- Syrian Arab Republic
Each scholarship offered by the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust will provide the following benefits to the selected recipients:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- A maintenance stipend of £12,000
To apply for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships, you must meet the academic and English language requirements of your chosen course. You can find the specific entry requirements for each course on the University of Sheffield website. Generally, you will need to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution, and a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent for English proficiency.
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
To apply for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships, you will need to submit the following documents along with your online application form:
- A copy of your offer letter from the University of Sheffield
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words explaining why you are applying for the scholarship, how it will benefit your future career, and how you will contribute to the University and the wider community
- A copy of your academic transcripts and certificates
- A copy of your English language test results (if applicable)
- A copy of your passport or national ID card
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
How to Apply
The application procedure for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships consists of two steps:
- Step 1: Apply for admission to one of the eligible courses at the University of Sheffield. You can do this online through the University’s website. You will need to provide your personal details, academic qualifications, work experience, references, and supporting documents. You will also need to pay an application fee of £70.
- Step 2: Apply for the scholarship by completing an online application form. You will need to provide your personal details, course details, and a personal statement. You will also need to upload a copy of your offer letter and other supporting documents.
The deadline for applying for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships is Friday 5 May 2023. You must have received an offer from the University of Sheffield before this date to be eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship results will be announced by the end of June 2024