The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a regional development bank that aims to promote social and economic development in Asia and the Pacific. ADB offers a variety of opportunities for students and young professionals to gain valuable experience and contribute to its work. One of these opportunities is the ADB Internship Program, which is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to work on research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs.
To be eligible for the ADB Internship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a Master’s or PhD-level program at a university in one of ADB’s member countries, both prior to and after the internship assignment.
- Be a national of one of ADB’s member countries.
- Have excellent command of English.
- Have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
- ADB does not accept applications from close relatives of ADB personnel.
The ADB Internship Program is a fully funded opportunity that covers the following expenses for the selected interns:
- Airfare travel costs to and from the internship location.
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses in accordance with the policies of the internship location.
- Limited medical insurance for injuries and illnesses incurred during the internship.
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
Applicants for the ADB Internship Program must comply with the following requirements:
- Prepare a curriculum vitae (CV) and answer the essay questions in the online application form.
- Choose an internship assignment from the list of available assignments on the ADB website.
- Submit the online application through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES) before the deadline.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period in submitting their internship applications.
The following documents are required for the ADB Internship Program application:
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in PDF format.
- Essay questions in PDF format.
- Proof of enrollment in a graduate degree program from a university in one of ADB’s member countries.
- Proof of nationality from one of ADB’s member countries (e.g., passport, national ID card, etc.).
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
How to Apply
The application procedure for the ADB Internship Program consists of the following steps:
- Visit the ADB website and review the list of available internship assignments.
- Choose an assignment that matches your academic background, professional experience, and interest.
- Register an account on the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES) and complete your profile.
- Upload your CV and essay questions in PDF format on ACES.
- Apply for your chosen assignment on ACES before the deadline.
The deadline for applying for the 2024 Internship Program is 15 September 2023 for the first batch and 15 February 2024 for the second batch. The interns will be on board in January 2024 and June 2024 respectively.
Scholarship Official website: Asian Development Bank ADB Internship Program