Douglas College is a public post-secondary institution in British Columbia, Canada, that offers a variety of undergraduate programs and courses. Douglas College is committed to supporting international students who wish to pursue their academic goals at the college. One of the ways that Douglas College demonstrates this commitment is by offering scholarships and awards to new and continuing international students.
The Douglas College International Student Scholarship 2024-2025 is designed for undergraduate international students who have demonstrated academic excellence and involvement in athletic activities. The scholarship covers up to CAD 7000 of the tuition fees for one academic year. A maximum of five eligible recipients will be selected each academic year. The scholarships will be split equally between the Fall and Winter semesters.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an international student enrolled at Douglas College
- Be enrolled in a minimum of nine credits within any academic program or faculty
- Have completed at least 21 credits at Douglas College with a minimum GPA of 3.75
- Have participated in athletic activities at Douglas College or in their home country
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
The Douglas College International Student Scholarship 2024-2025 provides financial assistance to the selected recipients by covering a portion of their tuition fees. The scholarship amount varies depending on the number of credits enrolled and the difference between international and domestic student tuition fees. The maximum value of the scholarship is CAD 7000 per academic year.
The scholarship amount will be applied directly to the recipient’s student account after the add/drop deadline of each semester. The scholarship amount cannot be transferred, deferred, or refunded. The scholarship amount does not cover other fees such as student union fees, health insurance fees, or books and supplies.
To apply for the Douglas College International Student Scholarship 2024-2025, applicants must meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above and submit the required documents by the deadline. Applicants must also maintain their academic and athletic performance throughout the academic year to retain their scholarship.
The required documents for applying for the Douglas College International Student Scholarship 2024-2025 are:
- A completed application form (PDF) that can be downloaded from here
- A copy of the applicant’s transcript from Douglas College showing their GPA and completed credits
- A letter of recommendation from a coach or instructor who can attest to the applicant’s athletic involvement and achievements
- A personal statement (maximum 500 words) that describes the applicant’s academic goals, athletic activities, and how the scholarship will help them achieve their aspirations
The application procedure for the Douglas College International Student Scholarship 2024-2025 is as follows:
- Applicants must first apply for admission to Douglas College and receive an offer letter from the college.
- Applicants must then complete the application form (PDF) and attach the required documents.
- Applicants must submit their application package by email to Douglas International at email@example.com by the deadline.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by email within four weeks after the deadline.
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
The deadline for applying for the Douglas College International Student Scholarship 2024-2025 is May 31, 2024 for the Fall semester and September 30, 2024 for the Winter semester. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
How to Apply
To apply for the Douglas College International Student Scholarship 2024-2025, applicants must follow these steps:
- Apply for admission to Douglas College and receive an offer letter from the college.
- Download and fill out the application form (PDF) from here.
- Attach a copy of your transcript from Douglas College, a letter of recommendation from a coach or instructor, and a personal statement (maximum 500 words).
- Email your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2024 for the Fall semester or September 30, 2024 for the Winter semester.
- Wait for an email notification from Douglas International within four weeks after the deadline.
Scholarship Official website: Douglas College International Student Scholarship 2024-2025