Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU) is a public university located in Northern Cyprus. It offers a wide range of academic programs at undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. EMU is also one of the leading universities in the region that provides scholarships for international students who wish to pursue their studies in Turkey.
To be eligible for the Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships 2024, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of any country other than Turkey or Northern Cyprus.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent for master’s programs, or a master’s degree or equivalent for PhD programs.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.00 out of 4.00 or equivalent for both master’s and PhD programs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English by meeting the minimum score requirements of one of the following tests: TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or EMU English Proficiency Exam. The minimum scores are as follows:
|EMU English Proficiency Exam||75|
- Apply for one of the eligible programs offered by EMU. The list of eligible programs can be found here.
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
The Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships 2024 provide different levels of financial support for international students, depending on the program and academic merit. The scholarships are as follows:
- 100% tuition fee scholarship for one PhD student per program.
- 50% tuition fee scholarship for two PhD students per program.
- 50% tuition fee scholarship for one master’s student per program.
- Additional 50% tuition fee scholarships for international master’s students in various programs.
The scholarships do not cover other expenses such as accommodation, transportation, books, health insurance, etc. Applicants are advised to seek other sources of funding to cover these costs.
Applicants who wish to apply for the Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships 2024 must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete the online application form here.
- Upload the required documents (see below) in PDF format.
- Pay the application fee of $50 USD by credit card or bank transfer.
- Submit the application before the deadline (see below).
The following documents are required for the application:
- A copy of passport or national ID card.
- A copy of bachelor’s and/or master’s degree diploma and transcript.
- A copy of English language test score report (if applicable).
- A statement of purpose explaining the reasons for applying to EMU and the chosen program.
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional referees.
- A curriculum vitae (CV) highlighting academic and professional achievements.
- A research proposal for PhD applicants (maximum 3 pages).
- A portfolio for applicants to architecture and fine arts programs.
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
How to Apply
The application procedure for the Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships 2024 is as follows:
- Visit the official website of EMU and click on “Apply Now”.
- Create an account with your personal information and log in.
- Choose your desired program and fill in the online application form with your academic and personal details.
- Upload the required documents in PDF format and review your application.
- Pay the application fee of $50 USD by credit card or bank transfer and submit your application.
- Wait for the confirmation email from EMU and check your application status online.
The deadline for applying to the Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships 2024 is January 2, 2024 for spring semester and September 18, 2023 for fall semester. Applicants are advised to apply as early as possible to avoid any delays or technical issues.
Scholarship Official website: Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships 2024