This scholarship is offered by Sciences Po, a prestigious institution of higher education and research in the social sciences, humanities, and public affairs.
The Emile Boutmy scholarship is named after the founder of Sciences Po in 1871, and it aims to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union. The scholarship covers tuition fees and living expenses for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs at Sciences Po.
To be eligible for the Emile Boutmy scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a first-time applicant from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union.
- You must have been admitted to the undergraduate, master’s, or doctoral program at Sciences Po.
- You must not have dual citizenship, including an EU citizenship.
- You must not be eligible for other scholarships such as the Eiffel scholarship, the AEFE scholarship, or the BGF scholarship.
- You must not be applying for a joint degree program, an exchange program, a one-year master’s program, or a bachelor dual degree program, unless specified otherwise.
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
The Emile Boutmy scholarship is a fully funded scholarship that can take different forms depending on the level and duration of your program. Here are some examples of the financial coverage:
- Undergraduate program: A tuition grant of up to €14,210 per year for the three years of the undergraduate program, plus a living allowance of up to €5,000 per year.
- Master’s program: A tuition grant of up to €10,000 per year for the two years of the master’s program, plus a living allowance of up to €6,000 per year.
- Doctoral program: A tuition grant of up to €19,000 per year for the three years of the doctoral program.
The scholarship amounts are decided by the admission jury based on merit and social criteria. The scholarship is renewable each year if you validate your academic year. However, if you defer your admission or do not complete your program, you will lose your scholarship.
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
To apply for the Emile Boutmy scholarship, you must meet the academic and language requirements of your chosen program at Sciences Po. You can find more information about these requirements on the official website of Sciences Po. You must also demonstrate your motivation and potential to contribute to the academic excellence and diversity of Sciences Po.
To apply for the Emile Boutmy scholarship, you must submit the following documents along with your online application form:
- A copy of your passport or national identity card
- A copy of your high school diploma or equivalent (for undergraduate applicants) or a copy of your bachelor’s degree or equivalent (for master’s and doctoral applicants)
- A copy of your academic transcripts
- A copy of your language proficiency certificates (if applicable)
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- A personal statement explaining why you are applying for the Emile Boutmy scholarship and how you intend to use it
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional referees
- A research proposal (for doctoral applicants only)
How to Apply
To apply for the Emile Boutmy scholarship, you need to complete and submit your online application form on the online application platform of Sciences Po before the deadline. You do not need to send any hard copies or additional documents by mail or email. You will receive an email confirmation once your application is submitted. You will also be able to track the status of your application on the platform. You will be notified of the admission and scholarship decision by email within a few weeks after the deadline.
The deadline for applying for the Emile Boutmy scholarship varies depending on your program and intake. Here are some examples of the deadlines:
- Undergraduate program: February 22, 2024 (for fall 2024 intake)
- Master’s program: December 3, 2023 (for fall 2024 intake)
- Doctoral program: October 15, 2023 (for fall 2024 intake)
Scholarship Official website: Emile Boutmy Science Po University Scholarship In France 2024