This scholarship program is offered by the Beijing Municipal Education Commission to attract more international students to pursue their studies in Beijing.
To qualify for the Beijing Government Scholarship 2024, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a non-Chinese citizen with a valid passport and good health.
- You must have a good academic record and meet the admission requirements of the university or college you are applying to.
- You must not be a recipient of any other scholarships or grants from the Chinese government or other organizations.
- You must abide by the laws and regulations of China and the university or college you are studying at.
The Beijing Government Scholarship 2024 only covers tuition fees. Depending on your level of study and program duration, you will receive a different amount of scholarship allowance. The scholarship is classified into five categories:
- 40,000 RMB/year for doctoral degree students
- 30,000 RMB/year for master’s degree students
- 20,000 RMB/year for bachelor’s degree students
- 10,000 RMB/year for senior training or long-term language program students
- 5,000 RMB/year for exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
To apply for the Beijing Government Scholarship 2024, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must submit an online application through the official website of the university or college you are applying to. You must also submit a hard copy of the application form and other required documents to the university or college by mail or in person.
- You must choose one of the universities or colleges in Beijing that participate in the scholarship program.
- You must apply for admission to the university or college before applying for the scholarship. You must also obtain a pre-admission letter from the university or college and attach it to your scholarship application.
- You must submit a study plan or research proposal in Chinese or English, depending on the language of instruction of your program.
- You must provide two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors in your field of study.
- You must provide proof of your language proficiency, such as HSK certificate for Chinese-taught programs or TOEFL or IELTS certificate for English-taught programs.
- You must provide a copy of your highest diploma and academic transcripts. If these documents are not in Chinese or English, you must provide a notarized translation.
- You must provide a copy of your passport and a recent passport-sized photo.
The following documents are required for applying for the Beijing Government Scholarship 2024:
- Application form for Beijing Government Scholarship (downloadable from this website)
- Pre-admission letter from the university or college
- Study plan or research proposal
- Two letters of recommendation
- Proof of language proficiency
- Copy of highest diploma and academic transcripts
- Copy of passport and passport-sized photo
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
How to Apply
The application procedure for the Beijing Government Scholarship 2024 is as follows:
- Visit the official website of the university or college you are interested in and check the admission requirements and deadlines.
- Register and complete an online application through the website. You will need to upload some of the required documents and pay an application fee if applicable.
- Print out the application form and sign it. Prepare a hard copy of all the required documents and mail them or deliver them in person to the university or college before the deadline.
- Wait for the notification of admission and scholarship results from the university or college. If you are accepted, you will receive an admission letter and a visa application form.
- Apply for a student visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in your home country with the admission letter and visa application form. You will also need to provide other documents such as health certificate, financial proof, etc.
- Arrive in China and register at the university or college on time. You will need to present your original documents and sign a scholarship agreement.
The deadline for applying for the Beijing Government Scholarship 2024 varies depending on the university or college you are applying to. Generally, it falls between February to June of each year. You should check the specific deadline on the website of your chosen institution.
Scholarship Official website: Fully Funded Beijing Government Scholarship 2024