This scholarship is offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Sirindhorn International Thai-German Graduate School of Engineering (TGGS) to support South-East Asian students at TGGS. It also provides students with the opportunity to spend the second year as a research stay at RWTH Aachen University in Germany.
To be eligible for the DAAD TGGS Scholarship 2024, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of a South-East Asian country.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent.
- You must have at least two years of professional experience in engineering or a related field after completing your bachelor’s degree.
- You must have a valid English proficiency test result, such as TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent, with a minimum score of 79 for TOEFL iBT, 6.0 for IELTS, or equivalent.
- You must apply for one of the five master’s programs offered by TGGS, which are:
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)
- Chemical and Process Engineering (CPE)
- Mechanical Engineering Simulation and Design (MESD)
- Automotive Safety and Assessment Engineering (ASAE)
- Materials and Production Engineering (MPE)
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
The DAAD TGGS Scholarship 2024 is a fully funded scholarship that covers the following expenses:
- Tuition fees for the first and second year of the master’s program (partly funded by KMUTNB)
- A monthly stipend of 437 Euros to cover living expenses in Thailand and Germany
- A travel allowance to cover the cost of the flight from your home country to Thailand and from Thailand to Germany
- A health insurance for the duration of the scholarship
- A research allowance to support your research project at RWTH Aachen University
To apply for the DAAD TGGS Scholarship 2024, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must complete the online application form and upload all the required documents.
- You must submit two letters of recommendation from your academic or professional supervisors.
- You must write a one-page motivation letter explaining why you want to pursue a master’s degree at TGGS and how it will benefit your career and personal development.
- You must submit a curriculum vitae (CV) or resume highlighting your academic and professional achievements.
- You must submit an official copy of your final transcript and degree certificate from your bachelor’s program.
- You must submit an official copy of your English proficiency test result.
- You must submit a financial statement or bank certification showing that you have sufficient funds to cover your expenses in case you are not awarded the scholarship.
- You must submit a copy of your passport (for international applicants).
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
The following documents are required to apply for the DAAD TGGS Scholarship 2024:
- A completed application form with a 1×1 photo
- Two letters of recommendation
- A one-page motivation letter
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- An official copy of the final transcript and degree certificate
- An official copy of the English proficiency test result
- A financial statement or bank certification
- A copy of the passport
How to Apply
The application procedure for the DAAD TGGS Scholarship 2024 is as follows:
- Visit the official website of TGGS and register for an account.
- Fill out the online application form and upload all the required documents.
- Pay the application fee of 1,000 THB (for international students) through the online payment system.
- Submit your application and wait for the confirmation email.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview via Skype or Zoom.
- If you are selected, you will receive an acceptance letter and a scholarship offer from TGGS and DAAD.
The deadline to apply for the DAAD TGGS Scholarship 2024 is April 15, 2024. You are advised to apply as early as possible to avoid any delays or technical issues.