This scholarship is offered by the Friedrich Ebert Foundation, a German political foundation that supports the values of social democracy. The scholarship is open to students from all around the world who want to study in Germany at the bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral level.
To be eligible for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship 2023-2024, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have admission to study or enrollment at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany for the course for which you want to be funded.
- You must demonstrate excellent academic or scientific merit, as well as social and political engagement.
- You must be committed to the values of social democracy and show an interest in the political and social issues of your home country and Germany.
- You must have sufficient knowledge of German, which means a ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang’ of at least DSH level 2, a ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of at least level 4, or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute.
- You must not have been living in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of application.
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
The Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship that covers the following expenses:
- A monthly stipend of up to EUR 850 for bachelor’s, diploma, magister, or state examination programs, or up to EUR 1,200 for master’s or doctoral programs.
- Costs for health insurance and, where applicable, family and child allowances.
- A comprehensive seminar program to help enhance your social competences and academic skills.
- Travel expenses for scholarship holders from abroad.
The scholarship does not have to be repaid.
To apply for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship 2023-2024, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must submit a completed online application form with all the required information and documents.
- You must provide proof of your academic achievements, such as transcripts, certificates, diplomas, etc.
- You must provide proof of your social and political engagement, such as letters of recommendation, certificates of participation, etc.
- You must provide proof of your German language proficiency, such as test results, certificates, etc.
- You must provide a motivation letter that explains why you want to study in Germany and how you plan to contribute to the social and political development of your home country and Germany.
- You must provide a curriculum vitae that highlights your educational and professional background, as well as your extracurricular activities and interests.
- You must provide two references from professors or lecturers who can attest to your academic performance and potential.
The following documents are required for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship 2023-2024:
- A copy of your passport or identity card
- A copy of your admission letter or enrollment certificate from a German university or college
- A copy of your school-leaving certificate or equivalent qualification
- A copy of your academic transcripts and certificates
- A copy of your German language test results or certificates
- A copy of your motivation letter
- A copy of your curriculum vitae
- Two reference letters from professors or lecturers
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
The application procedure for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship 2023-2024 consists of the following steps:
- Fill out the online application form on the official website of the Friedrich Ebert Foundation. Make sure to provide all the necessary information and upload all the required documents in PDF format. The online application form is available in German and English.
- Wait for the confirmation email from the Friedrich Ebert Foundation that acknowledges the receipt of your application. The confirmation email will also inform you about the next steps in the selection process.
- If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be invited to an interview with a selection committee. The interview will be conducted either online or in person at a regional office of the Friedrich Ebert Foundation. The interview will assess your academic qualifications, social and political engagement, motivation, and personality.
- If you pass the interview successfully, you will be awarded the scholarship and receive an acceptance letter from the Friedrich Ebert Foundation. The acceptance letter will also contain information about the payment modalities and the seminar program.
The deadline for applying for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship 2023-2024 varies depending on the level and type of study. The following are the general deadlines for different categories of applicants:
- Master’s students: April 30, 2023 for summer semester / October 31, 2023 for winter semester
- Bachelor’s, diploma, magister, state examination students: After the first semester and later, up to three semesters before the end of the standard period of study
- Medical students: After the fourth semester or after the physics until the end of the sixth semester
- Doctoral students: At any time
How to Apply
To apply for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship 2023-2024, you must follow the link below and complete the online application form. You must also upload all the required documents in PDF format. Make sure to submit your application before the deadline and check your email regularly for updates from the Friedrich Ebert Foundation.