The KI Global Master’s Scholarships are tuition fee waiver scholarships that cover the full tuition fee for students admitted to a Global Master’s Programme at KI. The scholarships are awarded based on academic merit, motivation, and potential. The scholarships do not cover living expenses, travel costs, or other fees. Therefore, students are expected to secure other sources of funding to cover their living costs in Sweden.
The KI Global Master’s Programmes are two-year programmes that start every autumn semester and are taught in English. They cover various fields of health and life sciences, such as biomedicine, bioentrepreneurship, health informatics, molecular techniques, nutrition science, public health, and toxicology. The programmes aim to provide students with advanced knowledge and skills in their chosen field of study and prepare them for a career in research, academia, industry, or public sector.
To be eligible for the KI Global Master’s Scholarships 2024, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have applied to one of the KI Global Master’s Programmes starting in 2024 through the University Admissions website by January 16, 2024.
- You must be a tuition fee paying student from a country outside the EU/EEA.
- You must fulfill the entry and documentation requirements for the programme you have applied for.
- You must have obtained good grades in a relevant bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
The KI Global Master’s Scholarships only cover the tuition fee for students enrolled in a Global Master’s Programme at KI. The tuition fee varies depending on the programme and ranges from SEK 165,000 to SEK 400,000 per year. The scholarships do not cover living expenses, travel costs, or other fees. Therefore, students are expected to secure other sources of funding to cover their living costs in Sweden.
According to the Swedish Migration Agency, students need to show that they have at least SEK 8,514 per month for 10 months of the year to obtain a residence permit for studies. This amount covers basic expenses such as food, accommodation, clothing, and transportation. However, the actual cost of living may vary depending on your lifestyle and personal preferences.
Some possible sources of funding that you can explore are:
- Other scholarships offered by KI or other organizations
- Student loans or grants from your home country or government
- Part-time work or internships in Sweden
- Savings or support from family or friends
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
To apply for the KI Global Master’s Scholarships 2024, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You need to submit an online application form for the scholarship by February 28, 2024. The application form will be sent to you by email after you have applied for a Global Master’s Programme at KI through the University Admissions website.
- You need to upload a CV and a motivation letter as part of your scholarship application. The CV should include your personal details, education background, work experience, publications (if any), awards or honors (if any), and language skills. The motivation letter should explain why you are interested in the programme you have applied for, how it relates to your previous studies or work experience, what your career goals are, and why you deserve the scholarship.
- You need to submit proof of your English proficiency as part of your programme application. The accepted tests are TOEFL iBT (minimum score 90), IELTS Academic (minimum score 6.5), Cambridge English (minimum score C1 Advanced), or Pearson PTE Academic (minimum score 62). Alternatively, you can submit a bachelor’s degree certificate from an English-speaking country or a university where English was the language of instruction.