This scholarship program offers 24 full scholarships of €30,000 each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a master’s program at Maastricht University (UM).
To be eligible for the Maastricht University NL-High Potential Scholarship 2024, you must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a participating full-time master program at Maastricht University (participating programs) for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM master program to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education program in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programs in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2024.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programs, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2024-2025 scholarship program applicants.
Please note that this is a very competitive scholarship, only 2% of the applicants get awarded the scholarship.
The Maastricht University NL-High Potential Scholarship 2024 will cover the following expenses for the successful students:
- Living expenses: €12,350 (13 months) or €23,750 (25 months) paid to students by the UM International Services Desk
- Health & liability insurance: €700 arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk
- Visa application costs: €210 arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk
- Tuition fees: at cost
To apply for the Maastricht University NL-High Potential Scholarship 2024, you must fulfill the following requirement:
- You must complete and pass an eligibility quiz on the online application system before accessing an application form.
- You must submit your application in either Irish or English language.
- You must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the relevant program, including strategic partner themes. This applies regardless of whether you have changed your host institution or research topic since a previous submission.
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
To complete your application for the Maastricht University NL-High Potential Scholarship 2024, you must upload the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Proof of academic excellence
- The contact details of one referee
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your transcripts
- Copy of your English language test result (if applicable)
The application procedure for the Maastricht University NL-High Potential Scholarship 2024 consists of two steps:
- Register for one of the participating master programs at Maastricht University. The deadline for registering for a master program at UM differs per faculty. Please check carefully which deadline applies to you.
- After registering for a master program at UM, you will receive a student ID number.
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
The deadline for applying for the Maastricht University NL-High Potential Scholarship 2024 is up to and including 1 February 2024, 23:59 CET. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
How to Apply
To apply for the Maastricht University NL-High Potential Scholarship 2024, you need to follow the steps mentioned above and submit your application online via the Scholarship portal.
Scholarship Official website: Maastricht University NL-High Potential Scholarship 2024