Are you an African student who wants to pursue a Master’s degree at the University of Oxford? If yes, then you might be interested in applying for the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships for Africans to Study at Oxford 2024. This is a fully-funded scholarship program that aims to support talented and passionate African students who want to make a positive impact in their communities and the world.
To be eligible for the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of any African country and have a valid passport.
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution in Africa or elsewhere.
- You must have applied for and received a conditional offer of admission from the University of Oxford for one of the eligible Master’s programs related to pandemic preparedness and recovery. You can find the list of eligible programs here.
- You must demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, commitment to social change, and alignment with the Mastercard Foundation and AfOx values of collegiality, empathy, commitment, inclusion, and community.
- You must be willing to return to Africa after completing your studies and undertake a one-year “Ubuntu period of service” in which you will design and deliver an impactful project based on an African organization of your choice.
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
The Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships will cover the following expenses for the selected scholars:
- Full tuition fees for the duration of the Master’s program.
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses, including accommodation, food, transport, books, and other personal costs.
- A return economy class air ticket from your home country to the UK at the start and end of your studies.
- A settling-in allowance to help you adjust to life in Oxford.
- A laptop computer and other essential study materials.
- A comprehensive health insurance plan.
- Access to mentoring, academic support, career guidance, and networking opportunities.
- Participation in leadership development programs, workshops, seminars, and other events organized by the Mastercard Foundation, AfOx, and the University of Oxford.
To apply for the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must complete and submit an online application form through the AfOx portal by the deadline. The application form will ask you to provide personal information, academic background, work experience, extracurricular activities, career goals, and motivation for applying for the scholarship.
- You must upload a copy of your passport or national ID card, your academic transcripts and certificates, your curriculum vitae (CV), and two reference letters from academic or professional sources who can attest to your suitability for the scholarship.
- You must write and upload a personal statement of no more than 500 words that explains why you are applying for the scholarship, how it aligns with your interests and aspirations, what challenges you have faced or overcome in your academic or personal journey, and how you plan to use your education to contribute to social change in Africa.
- You must also write and upload a research proposal of no more than 1000 words that outlines the topic, objectives, methodology, expected outcomes, and relevance of your proposed Master’s dissertation or project. The proposal should demonstrate your knowledge of the field, your originality of thought, your analytical skills, and your potential impact.
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
The following documents are required for applying for the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships:
- A copy of your passport or national ID card
- Your academic transcripts and certificates
- Your curriculum vitae (CV)
- Two reference letters from academic or professional sources
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words
- A research proposal of no more than 1000 words
The application procedure for the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships consists of two steps:
- Apply for admission to the University of Oxford through the online application system by January 7th 2024. You must choose one of the eligible Master’s programs related to pandemic preparedness and recovery and indicate that you are applying for funding from the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarship program. You must also submit all the required supporting documents as instructed by the University.
- Apply for the scholarship through the AfOx portal by February 11th 2024. You must complete and submit an online application form with all the required attachments as described above.
The deadline for applying for admission to the University of Oxford is January 7th 2024. The deadline for applying for the scholarship through the AfOx portal is February 11th 2024.
How to Apply
To apply for the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships, you must follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the scholarship program and read the detailed information and guidelines carefully.
- Check the list of eligible Master’s programs and choose the one that best suits your interests and goals.
- Apply for admission to the University of Oxford through the online application system by January 7th 2024. Make sure to indicate that you are applying for funding from the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarship program and submit all the required supporting documents.
- Apply for the scholarship through the AfOx portal by February 11th 2024. Complete and submit an online application form with all the required attachments.
- Wait for the notification of the outcome of your application. The selection process will involve shortlisting, interviews, and final decisions. The successful candidates will be notified by April 2024.
We wish you all the best in your application and hope that you will be among the lucky scholars who will get the opportunity to study at Oxford with full financial support from the Mastercard Foundation and AfOx.
Scholarship Official website: Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships for Africans to Study at Oxford 2024