This scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as several Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. It is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to pursue their bachelor’s or master’s degree in the Netherlands.
To be eligible for the NL Scholarship 2024, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your nationality is non-EEA.
- You are applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s programme at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions.
- You meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice. You can find these on the website of the institution.
- You do not have a degree from an education institution in the Netherlands.
The NL Scholarship 2024 offers a scholarship amount of €5,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies. Please note that this is not a full-tuition scholarship, so you will need to cover the remaining costs of your study programme yourself. You can also look for other sources of funding, such as grants, loans, or part-time jobs, to support your studies in the Netherlands.
To apply for the NL Scholarship 2024, you will need to prepare the following documents:
- A copy of your passport or identity card.
- A copy of your academic transcripts and diplomas.
- A letter of motivation (max. 500 words) to the university, in which you describe why you are a talented student, taking into account both your academic achievements and extra-curricular activities (e.g. voluntary work).
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor who knows you well.
- A proof of English language proficiency, such as IELTS, TOEFL, or Cambridge Certificate. The minimum score required may vary depending on the institution and programme you choose.
- Any other documents that the institution may require, such as a portfolio, a CV, or a research proposal.
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
The application procedure for the NL Scholarship 2024 consists of the following steps:
- Find a bachelor’s or master’s programme that you are interested in and that is offered by one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions. You can find an overview of the participating institutions and the fields of study for the 2024-2025 academic year on the official website of the scholarship.
- Check the specific requirements and deadlines of the institution and programme you choose.
- Apply for admission to the programme through the online application system of the institution. You will need to upload your documents and indicate that you are applying for the NL Scholarship 2024.
- Wait for the admission decision from the institution. The institution will also inform you if you have been awarded the scholarship.
- Accept the offer of admission and scholarship and confirm your enrolment. You will need to pay a deposit fee to secure your place.
- Apply for a visa and residence permit if you need one. You can find more information on the immigration procedures on the website of the Dutch government.
- Prepare for your arrival and departure to the Netherlands. You can find useful tips and information on the website of Nuffic, the Dutch organisation for internationalisation in education.
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
The deadline for the NL Scholarship 2024 varies depending on the institution and programme you choose. You can find the specific closing dates on the website of the institution. However, the general deadline for most institutions is around April or May 2024. Therefore, we advise you to start your application process as early as possible to avoid missing the deadline.
How to Apply
To apply for the NL Scholarship 2024, you need to follow the application procedure described above. You can also visit the official website of the scholarship for more information and guidance. If you have any questions or doubts, you can contact the institution of your choice directly or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.