The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals is a fully-funded academic scholarship offered by the Swedish Institute (SI) for master’s studies in Sweden. The scholarship aims to develop a network of future global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and drive the development of their home countries and regions. The scholarship is open for applications once every year, for master’s studies beginning in the autumn semester.
To be eligible for the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of one of the 41 countries that are eligible for the scholarship.
- Have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience from your current or previous employer, or from civil society engagement. The work experience must be relevant to your chosen master’s programme and acquired no later than 31 January 2024.
- Have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or civil society involvement.
- Be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 21 March 2024.
- Have not previously been awarded a Swedish Institute scholarship for master’s level studies or research at a Swedish university or college.
- Have not previously studied in Sweden at master’s level or higher.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals is a competitive fully-funded scholarship that includes:
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 12,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- A travel grant of SEK 15,000 (10,000 for scholars from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine).
- Membership in the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL), a platform for networking and professional development.
- Membership in the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period, a platform for continued networking and further professional development.
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
To apply for the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals, you must meet the following requirements:
- Submit a motivation letter explaining why you are applying for this scholarship and how you will contribute to sustainable development in your home country and region with your master’s degree.
- Submit a curriculum vitae (CV) that summarizes your relevant professional and academic background, skills and achievements.
- Submit two different letters of reference from your current or previous employer or civil society organization. The letters should attest to your leadership experience and potential, as well as how you can apply your master’s degree to your work.
- Submit a proof of work and leadership experience in the form of certificates or employment contracts. The documents should clearly state your name, position, duration and scope of work or engagement.
- Submit a copy of your passport showing your personal data and citizenship.
To apply for the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals, you must prepare and upload the following documents in PDF format:
- A motivation letter (maximum one page).
- A CV (maximum two pages).
- Two different letters of reference (maximum one page each).
- A proof of work and leadership experience (maximum four pages in total). You can upload several documents if needed.
- A copy of your passport (maximum one page).
Please note that only documents written in English are accepted. If any document is not originally issued in English by the issuing authority, you must also submit an official translation. The translation should be made by an authorized translator. You must also submit a copy of the original document along with the translation.
The application procedure for the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals consists of two steps:
- Apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se between 16 October 2023 and 15 January 2024. You must choose one or more eligible master’s programmes from this list and rank them in order of preference. You must also pay the application fee and submit all required documents to University Admissions before the deadline.
- Apply for an SI scholarship at apply-scholarships.si.se between 12 February and 28 February 2024. You must create an account and log in to the portal. You must then add the eligible master’s programmes you have applied for at universityadmissions.se to your scholarship application. You must also upload all required documents for the scholarship and submit your application before the deadline.
Please note that you must complete both steps of the application procedure in order to be considered for the scholarship. You can only apply for one SI scholarship per academic year. You can find more information about the application procedure here.
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
The deadline to apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se is 15 January 2024. The deadline to apply for an SI scholarship at apply-scholarships.si.se is 28 February 2024. No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
How to Apply
To apply for the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals, you must follow the steps outlined above and use the online portals provided by University Admissions and the Swedish Institute. You can find detailed instructions on how to apply here.
Scholarship Official website: SI Scholarship for Global Professionals 2024