Turkey is a country that offers a rich cultural heritage, a diverse landscape, and a dynamic economy. It is also a destination for many international students who want to pursue their higher education in a reputable and affordable institution. Turkey has a number of scholarship programs that aim to attract and support talented and qualified students from all over the world.
The Turkey Government Scholarship is open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels in any field of study. The scholarship program is competitive and merit-based, where candidates are evaluated based on their academic excellence, social and cultural background, language skills, and future goals. The scholarship program also considers the strategic cooperation and relations between Turkey and the applicant’s home country.
The general eligibility criteria for the Turkey Government Scholarship are as follows:
- Applicants must be citizens of a country other than Turkey (except for Turkish citizens who hold dual citizenship).
- Applicants must have completed their previous level of education or be in their final year of study.
- Applicants must meet the minimum academic grade requirements specified by the scholarship program.
- Applicants must not be older than 21 years for undergraduate programs, 30 years for master’s programs, and 35 years for doctoral programs.
- Applicants must not have previously benefited from any Turkish government scholarship at the same level of study.
- Applicants must not be currently enrolled in a higher education institution in Turkey unless they are in their final year of study.
- Applicants must not have any health problems that may hinder their education.
The Turkey Government Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship that covers the following expenses for its awardees:
- Tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (up to 1600 TL per month)
- Accommodation (in state-owned dormitories or a monthly allowance)
- Health insurance
- Turkish language course (up to one year)
- Return flight ticket (once during the scholarship period)
- Academic and cultural programs
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
The Turkey Government Scholarship requires its applicants to submit the following documents along with their online application:
- A valid passport or national ID card
- A recent passport-sized photo
- A diploma or certificate of graduation (or an official letter of provisional graduation)
- A transcript of academic records
- An international language test score (such as TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, GRE, etc.) if available
- A letter of motivation
- A research proposal (for master’s and doctoral applicants)
- Two letters of recommendation (for master’s and doctoral applicants)
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
How to Apply
The Turkey Government Scholarship applications are received online through the online application system, free of charge. Applicants need to register on the system and fill out the application form with their personal and academic information. Applicants also need to upload the required documents in PDF or JPEG format. Applicants can choose up to five universities and programs that they wish to apply for. Applicants can track the status of their application through the system.
The Turkey Government Scholarship applications for 2024 will be open between January 10, 2024 and February 20, 2024 for international students from all countries.
Scholarship Official website: Turkey Government Scholarship International Students