The University of Bath is a public research university located in Bath, Somerset, United Kingdom. It is ranked among the top 10 universities in the UK and the top 100 universities in the world by various rankings. The university offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in engineering, design, science, humanities, social sciences, management, and education.
The university also offers a number of scholarships and bursaries to support students with their tuition fees and living costs. One of the most prestigious scholarships available at the University of Bath is the Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship. This scholarship is open to applicants of all nationalities and is awarded for academic excellence.
To be eligible for the Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must hold an offer from the University of Bath for a full-time taught master’s course starting in 2024.
- The course must be based in the Faculty of Engineering & Design, Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences, or Faculty of Science.
- You must have a strong academic record and a demonstrable background of achievement and success in your previous studies and activities.
- You must not be in receipt of any other scholarship or funding from the University of Bath or any other source.
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
The Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship provides a fee waiver of £5,000 towards the cost of tuition fees. The scholarship does not cover any other expenses, such as accommodation, travel, books, or equipment. The scholarship is not renewable and is only valid for one year of study.
To apply for the Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship, you must complete the following steps:
- Accept your offer of admission from the University of Bath and pay the deposit fee (if applicable) by the deadline specified in your offer letter.
- Complete the online scholarship application form using the Application Tracker system. You will need to provide your personal details, course details, and answer three to five questions related to your academic achievements, career goals, and motivation for studying at the University of Bath.
- Submit your scholarship application by the relevant deadline, depending on the start date of your course.
You do not need to submit any additional documents for the Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship, as the scholarship selection committee will use the information and documents you provided for your course application. However, you must ensure that your course application is complete and accurate, and that you have submitted all the required documents, such as transcripts, certificates, references, and English language test scores (if applicable).
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
How to Apply
The Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship is highly competitive and only a limited number of scholarships are available each year. The scholarship selection committee will assess your scholarship application based on the following criteria:
- Your academic performance and potential, as evidenced by your grades, awards, publications, or other achievements.
- Your personal statement and answers to the scholarship questions, which should demonstrate your passion, motivation, and suitability for your chosen course and the University of Bath.
- Your contribution to your field of study, profession, community, or society, as evidenced by your extracurricular activities, work experience, volunteering, or leadership roles.
The scholarship selection committee will notify you of the outcome of your scholarship application by email within four weeks of the application deadline. If you are successful, you will receive a scholarship offer letter, which you must accept within 14 days. If you are unsuccessful, you will receive a rejection email, which will also include information on other funding opportunities available at the University of Bath.
The Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship has three application deadlines, depending on the start date of your course. The deadlines are as follows:
- For courses starting in January 2024, the deadline is 4 March 2024.
- For courses starting in April 2024, the deadline is 20 May 2024.
- For courses starting in September 2024, the deadline is 8 July 2024.
You must submit your scholarship application by 23:59 GMT on the relevant deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.