This is a fully funded scholarship program that covers all your expenses to study in China. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about this scholarship, including the eligibility criteria, financial coverage, requirements, document requirements, application procedure, deadline, and how to apply.
To be eligible for the CUG Chinese Government Scholarship 2024, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of a country along the Belt and Road (other than China), and be in good health.
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be under the age of 25 when applying for a bachelor’s program.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and be under the age of 35 when applying for a master’s program.
- You must have a master’s degree or equivalent and be under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral program.
- You must not be a recipient of any other scholarships from the Chinese government or other sources.
- You must have a good academic record and research potential.
- You must have a valid passport and visa (if required).
- You must pass the HSK3 (Chinese Proficiency Test) or provide proof of English proficiency (such as TOEFL or IELTS) if your program is taught in English.
The CUG Chinese Government Scholarship 2024 is a fully funded scholarship that covers the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation on campus
- Registration fees
- Medical insurance
- Monthly stipend of 2500 RMB for bachelor’s students, 3000 RMB for master’s students, and 3500 RMB for doctoral students
- One-time settlement subsidy of 1500 RMB for new students
- One-time round-trip international airfare for students from countries with diplomatic relations with China
To apply for the CUG Chinese Government Scholarship 2024, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must complete the online application form on the CUG website and the CSC website.
- You must submit all the required documents by post or in person to the CUG International Education College before the deadline.
- You must follow the instructions and regulations of the CUG and the CSC during your study period in China.
- You must participate in the annual review and evaluation of your academic performance and scholarship status.
The following documents are required for the CUG Chinese Government Scholarship 2024 application:
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your highest diploma and transcripts
- A study plan or research proposal (no less than 800 words)
- Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors
- A copy of your HSK3 certificate or English proficiency certificate
- A copy of your physical examination form and blood test report
- A copy of your non-criminal record
- A copy of your valid visa (if required)
- Other supporting documents (such as publications, awards, etc.)
The application procedure for the CUG Chinese Government Scholarship 2024 consists of the following steps:
- Step 1: Visit the CUG website and the CSC website and register for an account.
- Step 2: Fill in the online application form on both websites and upload the required documents.
- Step 3: Print out the application form and sign it.
- Step 4: Send the hard copies of the application form and the documents by post or in person to the CUG International Education College before the deadline.
- Step 5: Wait for the admission and scholarship results from the CUG and the CSC.
- Step 6: Confirm your acceptance and prepare for your arrival in China.
The deadline for the CUG Chinese Government Scholarship 2024 application is December 1, 2023. You are advised to apply as early as possible to avoid any delays or errors.
How to Apply
To apply for the CUG Chinese Government Scholarship 2024, you need to follow the instructions on the CUG website and the CSC website. You can find the links to both websites below:
- CUG website: CUG International Education College
- CSC website: CSC Online Application System for International Students
You can also contact the CUG International Education College for more information and assistance. Here are their contact details:
- Address: No. 388 Lumo Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan, Hubei Province, China
- Postcode: 430074
- Tel: +86-27-67883799
- Fax: +86-27-67883799
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org