The University of Stirling is a public university in Scotland, UK, that offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various disciplines. The university is ranked among the top 50 young universities in the world by the Times Higher Education. The university also has a strong reputation for research excellence, innovation, and social impact.
One of the scholarships that the University of Stirling offers to international students is the GEMS International Undergraduate Scholarship. This scholarship is exclusively for students who are studying at any GEMS Education school in Egypt, Qatar, or the United Arab Emirates. GEMS Education is a global network of schools that provides quality education to over 250,000 students from 176 countries.
To be eligible for the GEMS International Undergraduate Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be classed as an international student for tuition fee purposes.
- You must have received a conditional or unconditional offer of admission for an eligible full-time undergraduate programme delivered at the University of Stirling’s campus.
- You must be a full-time student at any GEMS Education school at the point of application to the University of Stirling.
- You cannot combine this scholarship with any other University of Stirling scholarship.
The GEMS International Undergraduate Scholarship offers eligible students £2,000 each year (£8,000 over four years) towards the payment of annual fees. If you are eligible for this award, your annual fee payments will automatically be reduced by £2,000. If you need a student visa to study in the UK, you will still be required to pay the International Tuition Fee Deposit as part of the standard admissions process.
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
To apply for the GEMS International Undergraduate Scholarship, you do not need to submit any additional documents or forms. You will be automatically identified as part of the admissions process based on your academic qualifications and your GEMS Education school. However, you will need to meet the academic and English language requirements for your chosen course of study.
The application procedure for the GEMS International Undergraduate Scholarship is simple and straightforward. You just need to follow these steps:
- Choose an undergraduate course that you are interested in and check the entry requirements and the application deadline.
- Apply online through the University of Stirling’s application portal or through UCAS, the UK’s centralized application service for undergraduate courses.
- Submit your academic transcripts, English language test results (if applicable), and any other supporting documents that are required for your course.
- Wait for the decision from the University of Stirling. You will receive an email confirming your offer of admission and your eligibility for the scholarship.
The deadline for applying for the GEMS International Undergraduate Scholarship varies depending on the start date of your course. The University of Stirling offers three intakes for undergraduate courses: January, September, and January of the following year. The application deadlines for each intake are as follows:
- For courses starting in January 2024, the deadline is 30 November 2023.
- For courses starting in September 2024, the deadline is 30 June 2024.
- For courses starting in January 2025, the deadline is 30 November 2024.
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
How to Apply
To apply for the GEMS International Undergraduate Scholarship, you do not need to fill out a separate application form. You just need to apply for an undergraduate course at the University of Stirling through the online application portal or UCAS and indicate that you are a student at a GEMS Education school. You will be automatically considered for the scholarship if you meet the eligibility criteria and receive an offer of admission.