This scholarship is offered by the Japanese Government (MEXT) and Yokohama National University (YNU) to outstanding international students who wish to study in one of the leading national universities in Japan. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to apply for this scholarship, including the eligibility criteria, financial coverage, requirement, document requirement, application procedure, deadline, and how to apply.
To be eligible for the Yokohama National University MEXT Japan Scholarship 2024, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- You must have completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent for master’s applicants, or a master’s degree or equivalent for doctoral applicants, by September 2024.
- You must have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.8 on a 3.0 scale or equivalent in your previous academic record.
- You must have a clear research plan and academic potential in your chosen field of study.
- You must have a good command of English and meet the language proficiency requirements set by YNU.
- You must be willing to learn Japanese and acquire a basic level of Japanese language proficiency by the time of graduation.
- You must not be a recipient of any other scholarship from the Japanese Government or other organizations.
- You must not have enrolled or plan to enroll in a Japanese university before or during the scholarship period.
- You must be in good health and able to study in Japan.
The Yokohama National University MEXT Japan Scholarship 2024 covers the following expenses for the successful applicants:
- Tuition fees and entrance examination fees
- Monthly stipend of 144,000 yen for master’s students and 145,000 yen for doctoral students
- Round-trip airfare between your home country and Japan
- Medical insurance and accident insurance
- Accommodation support and other allowances
You can also check this out: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
To apply for the Yokohama National University MEXT Japan Scholarship 2024, you must fulfill the following requirement:
- You must choose one of the graduate programs offered by YNU that matches your research interest and academic background. You can find the list of graduate programs here.
- You must contact a potential supervisor at YNU and obtain their acceptance letter before submitting your application.
- You must prepare all the required documents and submit them online by the deadline.
The following documents are required for the Yokohama National University MEXT Japan Scholarship 2024 application:
- Application form (available on the official website)
- Research plan (maximum two pages)
- Certificate of graduation or expected graduation from your previous university
- Academic transcript from your previous university
- Certificate of language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent)
- Two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors or professors
- Copy of passport
- Photograph (taken within six months)
- Acceptance letter from your potential supervisor at YNU
- Other documents as specified by your chosen graduate program
The application procedure for the Yokohama National University MEXT Japan Scholarship 2024 consists of two stages: online application and interview.
You must complete and submit your online application through the official website by December 18, 2023. You must also upload all the required documents in PDF format. Please note that incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
After screening the online applications, YNU will select and notify the shortlisted candidates for an interview by January 31, 2024. The interview will be conducted online via Zoom or Skype in February 2024. The interview will assess your academic ability, research plan, motivation, and suitability for the scholarship.
You can also check this out: Universities in Canada With Low Tuition Fees for International Students 2023-2024
The deadline for submitting your online application for the Yokohama National University MEXT Japan Scholarship 2024 is December 18, 2023. Please make sure to submit your application well before the deadline to avoid any technical issues.
How to Apply
To apply for the Yokohama National University MEXT Japan Scholarship 2024, please follow these steps:
- Visit the official website and read the application guidelines carefully.
- Choose your preferred graduate program and contact a potential supervisor at YNU.
- Obtain an acceptance letter from your potential supervisor at YNU.
- Prepare all the required documents and convert them into PDF format.
- Register on the online application system and fill out your personal information and academic background.
- Upload all the required documents and submit your application by December 18, 2023.
- Wait for the notification of the interview result by January 31, 2024.
- If you are shortlisted, attend the online interview in February 2024.
- Wait for the final selection result by June 2024.
- If you are selected, prepare for your arrival in Japan by September 2024.
Scholarship Official website: Yokohama National University MEXT Japan Scholarship 2024